Sunday, April 21, 2013

Shower Arrives

The steam shower arrived on Friday morning. I got a call on Thursday afternoon that the shipment had arrived at the local shipping company and that it would be delivered between 10 am and 4 pm the next day. At 7:30 am on Friday, the local shipper called to say he was on his way. I had to make some quick decisions to get some help getting it in the house that early, but a couple of friends from work helped out. That was a great and so helpful!

The shipment arrived on one pallet of 5 boxes. I was only allowed to inspect the outside of the boxes before accepting the shipment, so I signed with a not that I was unable to inspect as instructed on the the information  from Atlas.

We unpacked and moved the pieces inside, as it was going to rain later in the day. The shipment was well packed and crated, and not damage was found. I am missing a couple of small buttons that act as indicators on the shower faucets knobs. They either fell off in shipment or were never installed at the factory. I checked the box, thinking they may have fallen out, but no luck. I will call tomorrow and see if they can send me the missing pieces.

I am glad that I ordered the larger of the corner units (48 x 48) as it does not seem that big. That opinion may change once we have it assembled and installed. Unfortunately, my contractor hasn't scheduled me yet and is busy finishing up another job. This may be a long wait, and I am excited to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Upon further viewing of the pictures online, it appears that there is not pieces mixing from the shower knobs. It looks like only the bottom knob has the indicator, or whatever that it. The instruction manual isn't clear what that is for, so once I get it installed, I will have to check to see what it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? best shower head for low water pressure

    ReplyDelete