Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happily Still on Schedule

It was a very long day yesterday. The master craftsman arrived early in the morning and starting prepping for the electrician. All the light and fan fixture boxes were mounted and a couple extra features added to the wall. We also talked about some other ideas over lunch. The main exhaust fan finally arrived, just in time. I guess I am just accustomed to Amazon Prime overnight deliveries, so buying from anyone else just seems slow.

The electrician arrived around 2, and completed all the electrical work by 7:30. We added a few 3-way switches to the mix, which I think will make using the lights a lot easier. It does mean I have to pick up a few more switches, and find a use for the other single-pole ones I had already purchased. That worked out ok, as I mistakenly bought illuminated switches. I will use some of them on other rooms of the house.

The 220 V 30Amp wire was not as difficult to run from the basement to the bathroom as we thought. Some good measurements, and a little luck, and the wire fed easily from the top floor to the basement. The electrician will pick up the GFCI breaker and attach the final wires to the steam shower once we have it in place.

Drywall starts Monday, and the goal is to have that done by Wednesday.Once that is in place, it will be time for the tile. Unfortunately, I still haven't settled on the color and type of tile I want yet. The perfect tile just hasn't hit me yet but I don't have much time left to pick it.










No comments:

Post a Comment